Challenging Mathematics – Problem of the Week Competition
- A challenging mathematical problem is posted every week in the form of an MCQ, for you to try.
- To view the problem (and past quizzes): click here
- To compete, you should submit your answer before the deadline and should be below 18 on that date.
- Should submit both your answer (selected from five choices given), and your explanation.
The first three students to submit the correct answer with the most correct mathematical explanation will get respectively:
- First Prize: Rs. 2000.00
- Second Prize: Rs. 1500.00
- Third Prize: Rs. 1000.00
How to Submit your Answer
Three modes/options are available to submit your answers:
- Upload: click here
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send by registered post, to the address: Dr. Chanakya Wijeratne, Department of Mathematics, University of Colombo, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
To view the answer and to join the forum discussion
- View the answer:
- You can view the correct answer after you submit yours with or without an explanation
- Join the forum discussion:
- Forum is open for discussion of the question when the dead line expires.
- To join the forum: click here