International Teenagers Mathematics Olympiad (ITMO) is a prestigious international mathematics Olympiad held every two years. It was last held in Philippines in 2017. This competition has the same structure as the International Mathematics Competition (IMC) but it is a better competition than IMC as the name suggests. ITMO is held at two levels:
Key Stage II (Grades 6, 7, 8)
Key Stage III (Grades 9, 10, 11)
ITMO is good for students to showcase their mathematical talent at an international level.
Aims of ITMO:
- Provide young students the opportunity to communicate mathematical ideas and reasoning through competition;
- Present an avenue for mathematical interaction and foster camaraderie and friendship among youths of the world; and
- Improve students’ higher order thinking skills through games and problem solving.
- Provide a supportive and stimulating environment for mathematics, innovation and education.
- Establish networks with international educational organizations for the development of teaching and learning of mathematics.