Global Quarantine Mathematical Olympiad
Bored at home with nothing to do but training for the next Math Olympiad?
Looking for something to chase those isolation blues away?
Fear not! The Swiss Mathematical Olympiad, in conjunction with over 100 volunteers from around the globe, is putting on an online competition to keep you entertained in these dull times.
There will be two different exams (one easy, one hard) on two separate weekends in may. Each exam will have around 8 problems.
Click to see more and to sign up as a competitor >>>
STAY SAFE !!!
- COVID-19 pandemic due to spread of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus: Live update >>>
- COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University >>>
- World Population Clock >>>
- Mathematics of life and death: How disease models shape national shutdowns and other pandemic policies >>>
- Why social distancing is key in containing the new coronavirus >>>
- An Epidemiologist’s Call to Action | Harvard Magazine >>>
Sri Lankan Mathematics Competition (SLMC)
Notification: Due to present uncertain situation, initiation of the application process for SLMC 2020 for IMO 2021 is kept on hold. Competition date in September is not yet finalized.
CUT OFF MARKS – SLMC 2019
Awards in SLMC 2019:
1. For each competition SLM8, SLMC 11 and SLMC 13; Gold, Silver, Bronze Medals and High Distinction and Distinction Certificates are awarded.
2. Also, in SLMC 8 Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards in grades lower than grade 8 are awarded and in SLMC 11 Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards in grades 9 and 10 awarded. Cut off marks for these awards are decided according to the marks distribution in each competition and in each grade.
3. Highest awards in each competition are the Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals and then the High Distinction, Distinction and Honorable Mention Certificates at the next level. Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards are awarded in each competition for younger contestants in SLMC 8 and SLMC 11 (these awards are certificates, not medals).
CLICK ON BELOW LINKS TO VIEW RESULTS, SELECTEES FOR NEXT STAGES & SLMC 2019 WINNERS:
- Marks of all contestants – SLMC 2019 >>>
- Selectees for Sri Lanka Mathematics Challenge Competition 2019/2020 [for Sri Lanka Mathematical Olympiad (SLMO) 2019/2020 & for International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2020 selections] >>>
- Selectees for Asian Pacific Mathematical Olympiad (APMO) 2020 >>>
- Medal Winners – SLMC 2019 >>>
- Special Award Certificate for Younger Contestants Winners: SLMC 11 – 2019 >>>
- Special Award Certificate for Younger Contestants Winners: SLMC 8 – 2019 >>>
Certificates for the above awards will be printed after March 15, 2020 for awarding at SLOMF Awards Ceremony 2019 scheduled to be held in April, 2020. So parents, teachers and others, please check the names of award winners, their school names and grades at the time of registration for SLMC 2019 and inform any corrections promptly (use the link below). After the certificates are printed corrections can not be done.
Fillout and submit to make error corrections (in name or other details) >>>