Notice on Postponement
Due to the security situation at the University of Colombo IMC Selection Test 2019 and the IMO Pool Selection Test 2019 have been rescheduled on May 10th from 9 am to 11:30 am and on May 13th from 9 am to 1:30 am respectively. Please read the following instructions:
1. Bring your national identity card, school identity card, postal identity card, passport or a photo certified by the principal/deputy principal of your school or Grama Niladhari of your area with you. Without an identification document you will not be able to enter the university premises.
2. You are expected to come in your school uniform.
3. Please come to the Reid Avenue (Philip Gunawardena mawatha) gate of the Science faculty at 8.30 am. For security reasons you will not be allowed to enter through Kumarathunga Munidasa Mawatha (Thurstan Road) gate. No vehicles will be permitted to enter the university premises. Only the student will be permitted to enter the university premises and no parent or guardian will be allowed to enter the premises. The exam staff will be present at the gate to escort students to the exam hall. The staff will accompany students back to the gate after the exam.
4. We kindly request all the parents to refrain from hanging around near the university gates and fences and parking vehicles at the Reid avenue or Thurstan road during the exam period.
5. You will only be allowed to bring pencils, pens, erasers, sharpeners, rulers and compasses to the university premises. Since no canteen will be available inside the science faculty premises you may bring a snack and/or a water bottle with you. Please be sure to bring all your items in a transparent bag (no other types of bags will be allowed).
IMO Pool Selection Test 2019
IMO Pool Selection Test 2019 – Results
IMC Selection Test 2019
Updated List of Selected Contestants
Past IMC Selection Test Papers
IMC Selection Test 2019 – Paper
IMC Selection Test 2019 – Results
Sri Lankan Mathematics Competitions 2019
Postponed tentatively to
July 6th from April 27th.
SLMC 8, 11 and 13 will be held on July 6th (tentatively)
from 10:30 to 12 noon.
Admission cards have already been sent by the Department of Examinations Sri Lanka by post – School candidates’ admission cards to schools and private candidates’ admission cards to home addresses. If you have not already got admission cards please send the following text to Wg Cdr (rtd) P. Jayawickrama at 076 455 3219:
Private Applicants: your name_pa_mobile no used to register
School Applicants: your name_school name_postal town_sa
Please note that SLMC 2019 can not be held on April 27 th due to the closure of schools till April 29 th . Also, due to Edexcel and Cambridge Exams scheduled during May 2 nd to June 24 th we cannot hold SLMC 2019 during this time period. So SLMC 2019 is tentatively scheduled on July 6 th .
IMO and IMC teams will be selected from the top 50 Performers at SLMC 2018 who satisfy the age requirements of born on or after July 2nd 1999 and born on or after August 1st 2002 respectively. Selection tests are tentatively scheduled as follows:
IMO Pool Selection Test 2019 (IMO PST 2019): May 12th from 9 am to 1:30 pm at University of Colombo
IMC Team Selection Test 2019 (IMC TST 2019): May 11th from 9 am to 11 am at University of Colombo
IMO PST 2019: Dr. Dayal Dharmasena (077 888 9929)
IMC TST 2019: Dr. Kaushika de Silva (077 350 6170) and Mr. Kapila Silva (077 912 4904)
Note: Selecting the IMO team has to be done on SLMC 2018 because there is no adequate time to do the selection from SLMC 2019. But in countries with strong IMO programs country’s IMO team is selected from an IMO pool selected previous year as it allows providing year-long training to the IMO pool and selecting the most motivated students for the IMO from the pool. So we will follow the same method this year by selecting an IMO pool for 2020 from SLMC 2019 later this year.
The Sri Lankan Mathematics Competition 8 (SLMC 8) is based on basic grade 6 mathematics and designed to let students have a positive experience in mathematics. All the students in grades 6-8, irrespective of their marks in mathematics at school tests, should participate in this competition. The Sri Lankan Mathematics Competition 11 (SLMC 11) and the Sri Lankan Mathematics Competition 13 (SLMC 13) are based on basic grade 8 and 11 mathematics respectively and designed to help students develop their mathematical thinking. Also, by participating in SLMC 11 and SLMC 13 students get the opportunity to participate in the international mathematics competitions TIMO, HKIMO, WIMO, IMC & IMO. For more details read the SLMC 2019 Booklets in the 3 languages.